By admin | Published February 16, 2016
The Frenchville Sports Club actively promotes and practices the Responsible Service of Alcohol at all times.
We want everyone who comes to Frenchville Sports Club to have a good time and as such we have developed a Responsible Service of Alcohol Message with some practical advice.
- Drink Wisely! Your drinking can affect others and spoil a good night out.
- Set a Limit! Think about your next drink. There is a range of non and low-alcoholic beverages and a variety of food choices available.
- Be a designated driver! Take turns and stay safe.
- Look after your mates! And let them know when they have had enough.
Frenchville Sports Club Ltd will implement self-exclusion provisions as an option to assist members and patrons who think they may have a problem with gambling to control their gambling habits and to make them aware of the existence of self-exclusion provisions by putting signage at the entrance to gambling areas (or other suitable locations) in the club. The club will provide a list of local community support agencies to members or patrons who request self-exclusion from the club and also encourage them to exclude themselves from other gambling venues in the area. The club will undertake regular reviews of self-exclusion provisions to assess their effectiveness.
Exclusion requested by third party
Any third party who approach the club (for example family members or professional/welfare groups) will be informed that self-exclusion documents and procedures are available, provide a copy of the Offer of Self-exclusion and Deed of Self-exclusion to the third party and encourage the third party to discuss the options with the person believed to have a problem with gambling.
The club will prohibit all persons under the age of 18 from gambling or being present in areas where adults are gambling and will alert members and patrons on these prohibitions by putting signage at the entrance to gambling areas (or other suitable locations) in the club.
Liquor Act 1992
All patrons attending the Club must be over 18 years of age and be one of the following:
- A member of Frenchville Sports Club.
- A member of an approved reciprocal Club. eg. Southside United.
- In the company of a member of Frenchville Sports Club or a reciprocal Club.
- A patron that lives outside a 15 kilometre radius of Frenchville Sports Club (visitor) and have proof of address (this does not include Gracemere).
- A patron that lives interstate or overseas (visitor) and have proof of address.
- A patron attending an official function or event at the Club.
Proof of address may be one of the following:
- Driver’s License
- Government Department Bill
- Utilies Bill
Protecting our children from abuse and harassment is a responsibility we must all undertake. We have implemented strategies that assist in preventing child abuse from occurring, & as such Frenchville Sports Club takes a pro-active role in relation to child protection and intervention. These strategies will help to foster a safe and positive environment for children and young people to participate in sporting activities.
We are committed to ensuring that the safety, welfare and wellbeing of children and young people are maintained at all times during their participation in activities run by the club.